Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A fun bathroom game

I'm pretty tall (6'6"). This has led to an interesting bathroom game for me. In the bathroom at work, there is a stall and right next to it a urinal. When I finish using the stall, there is occasionally someone using the urinal. When I stand up I can just see the top 2/3 or so of the back of their head unless I move over close to the stall wall in which case I can see all of them. The game is to try to identify the person just based on the small portion of their head that I can see. Obviously there are times that are not so challenging (that bald guy with the birthmark on his head). The fun comes in identifying people that work all the way on the other side of the floor whose name you don't even know.

There is a corresponding game that everyone can play regardless of their height. Anyone can look at the shoes and pants of the person under the wall and try to identify them. For an even harder version don't look at all. Use your other senses to attempt the identification (I suggest sticking just to sounds, but be as brave as you want). The way a person walks, unconcious sounds (throat clearing, humming, etc.), even their breathing if the bathroom is quiet or their breathing is loud. The harder you make it to make the ID, the happier you will be when you get it right.

Maybe I should just start bringing something to read.

No comments: